Chinese-Forums

Anyone based in China, and attending Chinese course in person?

乐乐

• New Members

Hi! Long-time lurker, first time poster. 

I'm based in China and want to apply for a full-time language course, starting from next year. BLCU still offers on-campus classes, and says it's possible for me to convert my visa to a student one without leaving the country.

I'm interested to know... Is anyone currently taking a full-time language course in China (or at BLCU)? How many people are in the class? How easy is it to leave campus? Any COVID-related issues I should think about before applying?

13 hours ago, 乐乐 said:

How easy is it to leave campus? Any COVID-related issues I should think about before applying?

I can't speak for Beijing specifically but most of the mainland is relatively "normal", apart from mandatory mask-wearing in Didis and on public transport, showing a green "Health code" (QR code) when entering public buildings etc. 

Recently there have been small outbreaks of the Delta variant, imported, in Guangdong and a few other places, which have resulted in immediate lock-downs in those places, and which seem to have contained the virus well. 

AFAIK nobody is being told they can't leave campus.  My particular college asks staff to fill in a form if they want to leave the city/province, stating where they're going, although this is for record-keeping rather than for permission. 

The main COVID-related travel issue right now is whether you can get back into China after going overseas, and this depends on where you're coming (back) from.  

(I just realised you're already in China and so if you're following online media you probably know all this already.)

• Helpful 1