Chinese-Forums

华尔街英语将破产 线下门店陆续关闭

Tomsima

Interesting information but also a reminder why I don’t read news in Chinese. That was so repetitive it felt like each paragraph was written by a different person and then copy and pasted together. 

• Like 1

ha I was literally just talking about this exact problem with my wife just now. Mainland news seems to be able to consistently drop in quality even when you think it can't get any lower

edit: In response to this thought process, I just spent the 278RMB for a years subscription to 三联 via their 中读 app, hopefully that will bring some higher quality daily reading from Mainland sources. I've just logged in and am happy to see that many of the articles have audio too, it sounds like real people but ai is so good these days who knows!

• Like 2

I sometimes read an article or two in the Chinese edition of the New York Times. The writing is literate and clear. The on-line subscription that I use allows one to change languages back and forth between English, Spanish, and Chinese. (Might be other languages on offer as well; I'm not sure, haven't researched that.) 

It's a pretty good way to check your comprehension. I read the Chinese version first, than review it via the English version. I don't make flashcards or anything that scholarly, but one certainly could. 

• Like 1