Chinese-Forums

Does anyone know of a textbook that introduces Chinese geography?

黄有光

I realized recently that I know very little about China's various provinces. I know I could just memorize names on a map, but I feel like they wouldn't mean anything to me and it might even be harder to remember. I'd like to actually learn about the various provinces.

Does anyone know of a textbook that introduces/talks about each of the provinces/regions, and their individual cultures and histories? I guess kind of like a tourist brochure but more academically rigorous and in-depth, lol. I am thinking of all the times in middle school when I'd stay up late in bed reading my history textbook.

(I'm looking for a book in Chinese, of course.)

I don't, but I once started collecting vocabulary on the provinces and capitals (my Chinese isn't very good though). Wikipedia in Chinese helped too. I wasn't thinking about histories, but I think it's a big gap in language learning sometimes learning about the political system and all kinds of background studies. I taught at a college in Germany and the students learnt UK, US and German background studies and I certainly learnt a lot.