Chinese-Forums

Wechat

Mig

On 10/25/2021 at 4:38 PM, Mig said:

Is there a group to join in Wechat to practice Chinese or language exchange with native speakers? If there are some, how to join or how to find them?

There are probably thousands given how many I've been in (maybe 10 in total, without looking), I think there is a search function on the app, but I never tried that.

Originally, I got invited to a couple from people I met on Hellotalk. For me, one led to more invite, and eventually I could be a bit more picky, and just stayed in the best ones (most active/ most learners/ useful knowledge) , and then you get invited to others again from that once people realise you are a regular at 'giving and receiving' - as it were. 

I'd try the following, 

1. If you have Wechat, I assume you have friends on it - so ask all of them

2. See what the search facility does on wechat

3. If you use Hellotalk or other chat apps, ask people you know in there, if you've known them a while

• Like 1

If you want to do structured language exchange with native speakers, it might be better to go to a site like italki.com and set up paid sessions with community teachers.

I've only had limited experience with HelloTalk and chatting on WeChat (and random F2F language exchange for that matter), but many people seem to find that this kind of thing, if unpaid, fizzles out very quickly.

If anyone can point me to groups that go beyond this I would be happy to hear about them.

• Like 1