Chinese-Forums

Cheapest flights to the US

Pengyou

My brother passed away Saturday.  Fortunately, I think my sister in law will have the memorial service near the end of January (he is being cremated).  Right now, a rt plane ticket from Beijing to San Francisco is about $2,400 (cheapest).  Do any of you have any suggestions on how to get a lower flight?  It seems that only 3 airlines flying to the US have bereavement rates, and they are so limited that they are useless for me.  I would appreciate any thoughts.

Fares from PEK then are truly extortionate.

Fly from Shanghai instead. I'm seeing all-in r/t fares on Air Canada to SFO at less than USD1,000 late January. Cheaper to LAX. Of course via Canada not as quick as a direct flight.

Note the flight makes a short stop at Inchon.

14507163_SHASFO.thumb.jpg.db2c28df832d37e6b4097351e6b1fe47.jpg

• Helpful 1

Weird!  When I went to Toronto, Air Canada was almost double the price of a comparable airfare to the US.  It was $1500 compared to $800-900 for the same flight mileage.  

Of course you have to add 3 weeks hotel stay at your own expense on return to China to the cost.  

• 1 month later...