Chinese-Forums

Testing Pleco flashcards in the order they appear in the import file

rickardg

I'm sure this must have been asked before but I just can't seem to come up with the right words to put into Google...

I've imported a word frequency list (the wisdom of this is a separate discussion, I have my reasons) into Pleco's flashcards and I'd like to have Pleco test me on them in the order they appear in the csv file, that is in frequency order. In the Organise Cards screen they are sorted in 'file order' when i select Custom sort order, but I can't find an equivalent sort order in the test settings screen.

Does anyone have any tips on how this can be done?

Thanks for the reply, I have figured out what made it seem that Pleco didn't test the cards in creation order.

I  have imported the built-in HSK lists, of which I have reviewed HSK 1-5, already .

To create a test for my frequency list I select all cards from my list that haven't been reviewed yet and sort them in creation order. However, the cards in my list that also are in the HSK 6 list have a creation date that is much earlier than the other cards and are unreviewed. The result is that the words in my list that overlap with HSK 6 come up first, before all other cards.

I've made a quick-n-dirty fix by enabling a date filter to exclude the cards that were created before I imported my list.