Chinese-Forums

Explain Why Mr / Director Gu 顾先生 Family name is popular in Chinese Drama? Culture? Political? Context?

Onshore

Can you guys explain to me why 顾先生 family name is so popular in Chinese drama for instance the drama starred by Jiang Chao as Director Gu 顾先生 and Tan Song Yun, the drama starred by Bai Jing Ting and Mark Chao in which there is Director Gu 顾先生 and then several other Chinese dramas. All these dramas portray Gu 顾 family name as explicitly or implicitly successful, rich, powerful, handsome, attractive, in directorship position and other desirable good attributes.

Explain why? What is the message? What are they trying to say or tell you? In Chinese character there are same or similar pronounciation but different characters. Gu family name can be in different Chinese characters.

An interesting observation.

However, when you make a claim like this, I think that you should provide at least several specific examples.

And, compare that to the percentage of counterexamples.

To do that properly, you probably need a good sample of Chinese dramas to make an observation from.

Until I see something like that, I am not convinced that your observation indeed may be the case.

I already gave examples of drama using the family name is so popular in Chinese drama for instance

1. the drama starred by Jiang Chao as Director Gu 顾先生 and Tan Song Yun

2. The drama about investment banking pingfan de rongyao starred by Bai Jing Ting and Mark Chao in which there is a character named Director Gu 顾先生.

3. There is this drama but do not know / forgot the title there is Director Gu 顾

in an advertising company in which he has love relationship with the female employee doing the drawing / sketching.

All these characters with Gu 顾 family name as explicitly or implicitly successful, rich, powerful, handsome, attractive, in directorship position and other desirable good attributes.

For those asking for statistics, cannot give you the statistics you want because I do jot want to and I hope I do not watch hundreds or more dramas... time used for more useful things.

4. Also the Xiao Chan drama, do not know/forgot English title, as medical doctor starring together with Yang Zhi? I think it is still airing? 

5. Put other dramas here ...

On 4/15/2022 at 5:08 AM, Onshore said:

Also the Xiao Chan drama, do not know/forgot English title, as medical doctor starring together with Yang Zhi? I think it is still airing? 

The Oath of Love by 肖战 and 杨紫. It's been over on March 30.