Chinese-Forums

new GUI tool for extracting hard-coded subtitle

hoshi

before i write up little program called VideoSubFinder to extract hard-coded subtitle from videos and generating srt files.

https://www.chinese-forums.com/forums/topic/61897-extract-hard-subtitle-in-chinese-clip/#comment-484565

that program involves little hand work to complete the task. today i introduce the GUI tool for extracting hard-coded subtitle from videos and generating srt. file. it’s simple and streamlined to complete the task and with the power of deep learning it can more accurately scan and recognize the text.

also, its include all dependencies so not so tech-savvy people can use this app. plus you can use this app for mac os too.

1 .download executable from GitHub.

2. click vse.exe and open the app.

3. set the green frame around hard subtitle.

4. wait some minutes and its done.

https://github.com/YaoFANGUK/video-subtitle-extractor/blob/main/README_en.md

scn01.jpg

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

I'd like to recommend my way which does not involve using OCR technology 

Here is the write-up that I did to explain the process.

I am biased because I am the one who's preaching this.

But I think it's less intimidating than trying to install a program and going through the technical steps involved.

Either way, I hope that people do take advantage of the existing technology to make their learning process more fun and efficient.

I tried running this on an M1 Mac, which runs an ARM version of MacOS. It kept running for hours and hours. I couldn't find where it was putting the countless little files it was supposed to be making. Also, it doesn't have the settings button or screen. So, I couldn't select Simplified Chinese or Traditional Chinese. And, I couldn't select fast or accurate. Do you know what the default settings are?

I tried running this in an ARM version of Windows 11 (emulated on an M1 Mac). I received an error message(s).

Maybe the software just doesn't run under ARM. I went to the website for the software. It doesn't say what systems it supports. Do you know?

• Good question! 1

• 1 year later...