Chinese-Forums

Visa rejected because I once received an admisitrative fine in China.

Shazmataz

Hello. When I was in Lianyungang last year, my boss forged my signature on my work permit so I didn't realize the address on it didn't match the place where I was actually working (The contract I signed had the legit address). But because of the language barrier I couldn't prove my innocence to the police. So I was fined 5000 yuan. Just now, I have applied for a new teaching job in Changzhou and my visa and work permit were rejected due to this fine in my record. Has anyone else had their visa rejected because of a penalty they received in the past in China? Now I am not sure which cities I can get a visa in. The company might transfer me to Hangzhou instead but I also honestly don't know if it will be rejected again or not.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply. Have you heard of anyone having this kind of penalty before and whether or not they were able to get a visa/work permit? I know one guy who was also fined for working illegally a couple of years ago and he has transfered through a couple of different cities with no problem since then. But then lawyers tell me it's going to be a big problem in most cities  (but it's often biased what lawyers say)

Everything's more and more linked together by computer. And there's less and less tolerance for foreigners not playing by the rules. Add in the general tightening of society.

So what happened even a couple years ago isn't much guide to what's happening today.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure, but shouldn't the police also provide you with an interpreter so that you have a real opportunity to defend your position? If this was not provided and your appeal period has not expired, then you may be able to cancel it for formal reasons. Then the record will be removed from the system and this will be the best solution.

• Thanks 1