Chinese-Forums

International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship - Application Statement

tiihore

• New Members

Kia ora everyone,

I am currently living in China and I am applying to study in Yunnan. I am also applying for the above 1 year scholarship with support from my Confucius Institute back home. I am a little unsure about the following document:

3)申请陈述。须用中文介绍汉语学习背景、来华学习计划及目标等,200-800字。Application Statement: stating applicant's Chinese language learning background, study plan and aim in China It shall be written in Chinese and 200- 800 words;

I have written one in Chinese with my level being HSK3. I have had a friend proof read it and suggest some edits, but I don't want to make too many changes in case it misrepresents my level.

I am also unsure if this document is an assessment of my Chinese or just to explain to them what my situation is (in which case they aren't assessing me as such and so changing it to better Chinese is no issue).

I have tried contacting them but haven't had an immediate response.

Does anyone have any experience with this or have any advice for me?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Likely just a formality, but difficult to tell for certain.  If they wanted to assess your Chinese level, they'd give you a test (or make a certain HSK level a requirement for admission).  If it was me doing the application, I'd make the changes recommended by my friend as long as I understood them, but not bother with any fancy grammar patterns they want to put in which were completely new to me.  I'd take the lack of response from the institution as a good indicator of the attention they'll pay to your application statement (although you're probably better off contacting them by phone than by email).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...