Chinese-Forums

Getting outta Dodge in July

Pengyou

Does anyone here have a crystal ball?  I have not been back to the US in 3.5 years and desperately need to get home this summer.  I live in Chengdu and want to fly to San Francisco.  My question:  If I book a ticket from Chengdu to San Francisco with a layover in Beijing, if areas in Beijing go into quarantine will that hamper my plans?  I am guessing that if I book two tickets, on from CD to BJ and then one from BJ to SFO, in theory, I could get stuck in BJ if I had a layover. Does that sound right?  I would really like to say hello to some of my friends in BJ - in TJ also, if possible.

Also, is there a website selling tickets that will allow me to choose the layover location?  When I punch in Chengdu, all of the flights go through Guangzhou.

• Good question! 1

Thank you.  I have done more snooping...just decided to fly from Chengdu directly to SFO.  There is too great a chance that something might keep me from a flight by visiting BJ first.  BTW, I bought my ticket on bravofly.com for a total of 8,400 rmb

On 5/4/2022 at 1:29 AM, Pengyou said:

I have done more snooping...just decided to fly from Chengdu directly to SFO.

That's by far the best. It removes an unpredictable variable. I flew Chengdu to SFO a couple years back, on Sichuan Air. Good service; pleasant flight. (That was pre-pandemic.)

• Helpful 1