Chinese-Forums

Opinion on a compiled lesson

Dear fellow learners of Chinese,

I am starting to teach a Chinese news class very soon where I will be using my own materials. I would like to ask you to share your opinion on the sample lesson below. Please note it is only a complementary course, and not a core course. Thank you.

Here is the link to the lesson text and audio file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hnliPMkhirDiZZSYibpIQ13uIQWZBkkL?usp=sharing.

Diving into 六四, hey?  I was in a group class once, and the teacher brought up Palestine-Israel.  Nobody in the class wanted to participate because the topic was too sensitive and unpleasant to think about.

I am learning simplified Chinese. But the style it presented is good.Passage, Vocabulary with pinyin and meanings

Can you able to convert to Simplified Chinese? and add a Page? Simplified chinese and traditional Chinese differs only in writing? Or any grammatical differences as well?

Thank you all for your valuable opinion. Miko869, it is original audio recording aired on Radio Taiwan International (as is written in brackets below the text), however, the tempo is changed to 80 % so students can better understand what the anchor is saying. I personally find the intonation and prosody very natural, but I guess that solely depends on the period of time you spent living in Taiwan. Maybe you find it unnatural and robotic because you have not lived in Taiwan and are not used to the language of news there.