Chinese-Forums

A Bump from the Past: 网络用语

This is one of the most helpful threads lost in the archive. But language moves on and it deserves an updating.

A fair number of additional net words are tucked away in the "New Words" thread, but at over 2000 posts it's awkward to read. Perhaps a volunteer will extract some of those words and list them together in two or three posts, like the original thread.

https://www.chinese-forums.com/forums/topic/18179-internet-slang/

Wouldn't most of those words be old and busted by now?  I haven't heard anyone say "88" in years and years.  And 3Q actually came up the other day...I was trying to make a joke to a Chinese kid, and she had never heard of it before.  

Chinese is hard enough when the language stands still.  Even harder to invest valuable study time in words that will be soon obsolete.  I'm green with envy of those of you who are at this level. ? Learning new vocabulary for me is like hammering an octagonal peg into a round hole: can be done, if you hammer it hard enough enough times. :wall