Chinese-Forums

Film shot in Tsim Sha Tsui....90s?

CMitch2007

• New Members

Hi everyone...wondering if anyone can assist with this query that's bugging me?

I saw a movie on YouTube a few years back that did feature a scene near the clock tower in Tsim Sha Tsui near the Walk of stars, but the bay front was not quite that advanced, but it was there. I'm sure the film was mid 90s but after all the research I've done lately I may be off with that estimate!! 

It featured some delinquent girls at school doing the usual delinquent things, I want to say it was more crime/drama genre. Anyway, my wife swears blind that the bay front was not built till early 2000s but I am sure there was a barebones version of the bay front around 1995, finding this film may back up my memory. 

Can anyone identify such a film, a gang of school girls causing trouble in the Tsim Sha Tsui area around 1995???? Sorry for the vague description its all I have to go on....Thanks in advance.

I'm fairly sure some of the John Woo/Tsui Hark Hong Kong action films shot in the late 1980's had scenes of a simple waterfront. One with Chow Yun Fat 周润发 in particular had a couple of memorably gritty waterfront/dock scenes, perhaps in a warehouse district. May have been "A Better Tomorrow" 英雄本色。 I realize this won't be the film of which you are thinking.   

I don't think there've been any extensions of that particular area around the clock tower into the harbour since the arts complexes there opened in the early '90s.

What's now Walk of the Stars has been there as a seafront promenade since the early '80s.

Salisbury Garden in the middle was heavily redeveloped ten years or so ago.

• New Members

Thanks guys.... I had a feeling the waterfront/bayfront DID exist in the 80s but was revamped in the early 2000s. Missus is convinced that whole area was reclaimed land in the late 90s and completed in the early 2000s. 

If I ever do find that movie I'll let you know.

Thanks again for the replies, this board already feels like home!