Chinese-Forums

Does this Korean video break down August's HSK6 exam?

becky82

This video on YouTube appears to dissect August's HSK6 exam, and compares it to previous HSK6 exam difficulty.  I can't speak Korean, so I'm wondering if anyone can help me understand what's in the video.  The date 22년08월21일 matches the actual exam date.

Actually they seem to be doing it each month:

- August 2022, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNtfwuOoEfg
- July 2022, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xto_ZKkKcYQ
- June 2022, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzbcUPREVqw
- May 2022, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjyZzSO1yMM
- April 2022, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmheYHmkU6Y
- March 2022, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0H1JWCFbs4 [this is the one I took]
- February 2022, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNQAyId2LK0

In fact, there seems to be multiple YouTube channels doing the same thing; two others for August 2022 are:

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJqk-s7xazs

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B--49PPp86Y

They're all uploaded on the day of the exam.

• Like 2

So yes, I found three videos directly giving the answers to the HSK6, and are published on the same day as the exam.  It seems there are teachers taking the HSK6 exams each month, memorizing the questions and answers, and creating these videos.  (It's not clear to me if the exam has finished worldwide when these videos are uploaded.  It's not clear to me whether or not questions are re-used in HSK exams.)

Whether we like this or not, this is going to be one of the essential study methods for the HSK6.  The official past exams (汉语水平考试真题集 HSK 六级 2018版 Official Examination Papers of HSK (Level 6)) are getting old and there's only 5 of them, and the HSK6 past exams from 2010-2013 are not at the same level of difficulty.  At the same time, it is possible to take past exams for practice on the chinesetest.cn website.

The first video I found is this video: HSK 6급 총평 답안 22년08월21일 HSK6급 듣기 쓰기 독해 난이도 | HSK시험 중국어시험 HSK독학 중국어공부 | 치킨 이벤트 | 남미숙 중국어 강남학원 모정  There's parts of it in Chinese, but lots in Korean.  My notes:

August's HSK6.  She said it was easier than the previous three months.

Listening:

1. 설명문 (explanatory) [10]: 青岛啤酒博物馆/数据技术研究/地铁座椅不易燃/寒夜灯柱/红树林的作用/纯音乐 논설문 (editorial) [3]: 文物收藏/滥用网络词/重要信息应放到后面 이야기 (story): 客人对理发师手艺不满意/许渊的翻译理念

2. 인물 (person) [0].  사물 (objects) [3]: 纪录片/泉州古城的申遗单位/消费行为

3. 설명문 (explanatory) [3]:   慢火车/文化衫研究土壤健康活动/航天员出舱 논설문 (editorial) [3]: 儿童友好型城市/渡镜处理/后悔

Example questions (part 1):

1. 收藏爱好者希望国家设立专业文物鉴定机构,提供专业鉴定服务的呼声十分强烈。 Answer: 收藏者呼吁专业鉴定服务。

2. 数据传输、数据储存、数据被提及的次数日益增加~反映出围绕数据安全领域展开的技术研究,已成为金融行业的新焦点。  Answer: 数据安全技术研究是金融行业的新焦点。

3. 人们在交流时最后听到的话往往会给他留下最深刻的印象。  Answer: 应把重要信息放到后面。

4. 过多使用网络或表情包,会使人出现“现代失语症”及说话缺乏内容,无法准确表达个人想法。  Answer: 网络滥用使表达能力下降。

Interviews:

1. 纪录片在院线的票房不理想
2. 泉州古城的申遗单位
3. 消费行为

[She continues in Korean, so I don't understand.]

Reading:

Faulty sentence examples:

51. 每个人都应该防止类似低级的错误不再发生。 (double negative 防止 + 不再)

54. 大家一定要注意论文参考文献的格式规范是否。 (word order 是否规范)

58. 社区服务中心为大家准备了跳绳、羽毛球、拼图、看京剧等16项体育活动。  (拼图 and 看京剧 are not 体育活动)

??. 每当我走进教室,就能看见同学们灿烂的笑脸和朗朗的读书声。  (contradiction 看见……读书声)

Fill-in-the-blanks (words)

68. 飞机上禁止使用手机,这是因为手机发出的电磁波**辐射**不仅影响健康,也会干扰通信,甚至会导致空难。电磁波干扰对飞机是严重**威胁**,据调查报告**统计**,每年由电磁波干扰造成的飞机达二十多起**事故**。

She mentions these chengyu/sayings: 价值连城,物美价廉,供不应求,难能可贵,津津有味,理直气壮,刻骨铭心,雪上加霜,一举两得,适得其反,苦尽甘来  (I don't know what she says.)

Fill-in-the-blanks (clauses):

She mentions 候鸟迁徙 and 山东陈醋

Essays + questions:

1. 狼毒草
2. 软体机器人
3. 自然笔记
4. “东单”和“西单”
5. 现代医学临床分科

Writing:

小周/选了不感兴趣的专业/发现“新”的兴趣/成绩最优秀的毕业生之一/留校任教

结合自身条件/发掘潜力/选择正确的道路/获得成功

Title: 1. 小周的成功之路 or 2. 别“小看”自己的潜力

The second video is this one: [HSK총평] 8월 21일 HSK6급 총평! 시험 유형 및 난이도 분석? | 해커스중국어 짠잉.  It's in Chinese, and would be useful for HSK exam preparation.  My notes:

She says the first part of listening is difficult.  The first part of reading is (as usual) very hard, and the rest is as usual.  Writing has a few difficult words.

Listening:

翻译应表现文化内涵
该大气现象类似于……镜子 (像小镜子)
地铁座位材料不易着火 (不易燃)
女士不认可理发师的手艺 (觉得很奇怪)
滥用……表情包会降低表达能力 [here 表情包 are those WeChat stickers, etc.]

“纪录片进影院”
故事内容有吸引力
在网上看成人低
观众更容易抓住细节
为了记录

“航天员”
失重(weightlessness)会损伤身体
脑供血不足
影响空间感知

“儿童有好型城市”
城市建设关注儿童要求
母婴室
体现城市发展

Reading:

Faulty sentence (语病):

51. 在那个美丽的城市,是我从小生长的地方。 (no subject; delete 在)

52. 写作文时,大家一定要注意作文的格式正确是否。 (word order; should be 是否正确)

53. 我们要增强安全意识,防止这样的事故不再发生。 (double negative)

54. 在本届作文大赛中,组委会收到了大约500篇左右的候选作品。 (redundancy 大约……左右)

55. 我漫步在海边,看到了一忘无除的大海和海浪声。 (cannot see sounds: 看到了……海浪声)

56. 学校为学生们提供了篮球、足球、看电影等10项体育活动。 (看电影 is not a 体育活动)

Fill in the gaps (words):

**俗话**说
手机的电磁波**辐射**
据调查数据**统计**
造成飞机**事故**
**刺激**黏膜
**释放**热量
血管**收缩**
夜幕**降临**
让人**着迷**

Fill in the gaps (clauses):

- 当地的水水质硬,……。 (answer: B)
- 醋能促进胃酸分泌,……吃了醋,马上食欲大增。 (answer: C)
- ……,但也总不能只吃杂粮。 (answer: A)
- 当地人发明了各种面食,……。 (answer: D)
A. 农作物主要以杂粮为主
B. 长期饮用容易生结石
C. 特别是在炎热的夏天
D. 由此养成了爱吃面的习惯

Writing:

小周

从小聪明 -> 学习成绩好 -> 动手能力强
组装机械和家电 -> 机械相关的专业
高考后 -> 听从父母建议 -> 去了名牌大学
对专业不感兴趣 -> 陷入绝望 -> 休学 (defer study)
做过很多工作 -> 专业技术的重要性

复学后 -> 偶然机会 -> 参观了技术学院
课堂上可以动手操作机器
决定转学 -> 大家都反对
他坚持自己的想法 -> 转学了
充满热情 -> 优秀毕业生 -> 留校任教 (became a teacher at the same school)
选择很重要 -> 结合自身素质、兴趣和特长
选择适合自己的道路 -> 激发潜能 -> 收获成功

The third video I found is this one: 오늘시험총평!! ★22년 08월 21일(일) HSK 6급 시험총평 및 일부 답안(정답) _YBM종로중국어학원 리우HSK 원어민샘 리징샘.  It's in Korean and I can't understand too much.  My notes:

Listening:

1. 收藏者呼吁专业鉴定服务。
2. 数据安全技术研究是金融热点。
3. 顾客不认可老板的艺术。
4. 网络词滥用使表达能力下降。
5. 翻译应体现民族文化内涵。
6. 科幻创作能推动现实技术。
7. 纯音乐用曲调展现意境。
8. 应把重要信息放后面。
9. 洛阳桥建造耗时将近七年。

16. 故事情节吸引人
17. 在视频平台看成本低
18. 大银幕能使观众捕捉到细节
19. 记录
20. 坚定自己的定位

21. 是有规律的
22. 是艺术品
23. 区分消费与投资难度大
24. 选择高品质的
25. 为了炫耀而买不是理性消费

31. 属公益性质 (错误答案:已运行26年 [incorrect])
32. 有助于山区吸收先进思想
33. 赞扬

《用文化衫检测土壤》
目的是判断土壤健康情况
无需培训
土壤生物活性高

《航天员抬出来》
失重状态使其身体受损
脑共血不足
空间感知混乱
锻炼能缓解肌肉萎缩

《滤境》
与网上照片差距大
是图像处理工具
忧虑

Reading:

口头创作是主要**形式**;夜幕**降临**;令人**着迷**

**俗话**说;在冬天让人觉得**温暖**;**即便**……也……

**识别**罪犯和受害者;**拥有**相同的DNA;**排除**嫌疑者;侦破**案件**

火山喷发带来巨大**震动**;**导致**泥土松动;引起洪涝**灾害**

电磁波**辐射**;对……构成**威胁**;据**统计**;飞机**事故**

**刺激**粘膜;**释放**能量;血管**收缩**;能力**反而**下降

候鸟可分为夏候鸟和冬候鸟两种。(前者……,后者……)
它们又陆续飞往南方较暖的地区越冬
次年春季飞往北方繁殖
候鸟迁徙途径一定是南北走向的
洲际……,八条迁徙路线中三条经过中国,湖南……

《狼毒草》
蛋白质含量极高
想办法利用狼毒草
给羊注射药剂而脱毒
要辩证看待事物的利弊

《软体机器人》
综合性能强
灵感来源于软体动物
能飞越障碍物
航天器维修

《东单、西单的由来》
门的数量为单数
点缀主体建筑物
东单牌楼的简称
东单、西单的由来

Writing:

人物:小周
关联词:兴趣、动手能力、机械、操作机器、选择
标题:《人生的选择》、《选择的重要性》、《自己的选择》

技术学院 选择适合自己的 收获成功

Sounds fishy...  Have you discovered a cheating scheme,  maybe involving Korean kids taking the exam in a different time zone?  For the normal entrance exams for primary,  middle, secondary,  and university levels,  the Koreans take cheating very,  very seriously.  I have heard that even the police have been known to be involved.

During exam season,  Japanese TV even shows police squad cars being used with sirens blaring and lights flashing to get a kid who overslept to his or her exam on time. They don't mess around.

I bet they would be interested to find out there was a cheating scheme operating right out in plain sight,  under their very noses, as HSK is a component of evaluation schemes for educational purposes. 

Just sayin'... 

TBZ

On 9/15/2022 at 12:30 PM, TheBigZaboon said:

Have you discovered a cheating scheme

I've been thinking about this a lot the last few days.  The thing is, I don't know.  I'm considering taking the HSK6 again, and I don't know if this is considered acceptable or if it's considered "leaked" and could lead to consequences.  At the same time, I feel if I don't use it to prepare, I'll be at a disadvantage.

I'm leaning towards it being acceptable.  This is mostly because you can actually take official mock tests at chinesetest.cn, which I understand to be past exams.  (Or I could have personally taken every one of those exams, and used that for study practice for subsequent exams.)  One of my Chinese teachers said it's standard practice to share 高考 questions all over the Internet immediately afterwards.  The Chinese teachers I've discussed it with seem to think it's just an efficient study method.  If the test has concluded, what's the problem?  The first thing I did after my university exams was discuss specific questions and answers with everyone.

Now the question is: do they upload these videos before the tests have concluded worldwide?  The next HSK slot is the 17th (in 2 days), so we can watch the three channels on that day and find out precisely when they upload their videos.

On 9/15/2022 at 11:42 AM, becky82 said:

do they upload these videos before the tests have concluded worldwide?

I rather think there would be uproar among the Korean test-taking community if they do! But agree it's worth finding out for sure on the 17th.

• Like 1

This video describing today's HSK6 was up first.  It was uploaded at around 4.30pm Beijing time on the 17th September 2022.

1560993649_Screenshotfrom2022-09-1717-28-53.thumb.png.db9d147e8b17ddfa1e994ca70f01725d.png

1256188284_Screenshotfrom2022-09-1717-25-49.thumb.png.afd6961f245f83e2257f84b460c06cf6.png

This video for HSK4 was uploaded about 6.40pm Beijing time.  This video for HSK5 was uploaded about 7.00pm Beijing time.

1509166716_Screenshotfrom2022-09-1719-23-36.thumb.png.e858bbe11230b66df975f60d20a3aa71.png

This video for HSK6 was uploaded about 7.50pm Beijing time.

2088975780_Screenshotfrom2022-09-1719-56-58.thumb.png.25e4b039d0f6bba1ce8d4c6ad56eb20e.png

This video for HSK6 was uploaded about 8.20pm Beijing time.

1649405894_Screenshotfrom2022-09-1720-19-09.thumb.png.2972885a7b14652781a2db0c04f4471a.png

• Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 5:27 AM, becky82 said:

4.30pm Beijing time on the 17th September 2022

Wow, so I guess you could theoretically use this content to cheat on the exam if you live in the right timezone? The US west coast is 15 hours behind Beijing, which means this video came out just after midnight for them.