Chinese-Forums

Getting a list of pairs of English&Chinese movie names together (for use, in exercises, later on).

jefferson6134

Hi.

Thanks in advance for help. I got to thinking, how a Hollywood (for example) movie name gets translated into Chinese, and vice versa, is an intriguing intriguing thing, even just by the result.

So, I would like to come up with a huge list of movie name pairs.

Then, I can give Sino or Anglo enthusiasts (just amateurs, it's not for academic purposes [necessarily]) a quiz whereby they would have to match, say, 6 Chinese version names to 6 English version names. There could be a bunch of separate quizzes (based on difficulty/obscurity), and if keen/able enough I can make the harder ones solvable thru reference to the easier ones.

Well, I've started. But it's a pretty mammoth undertaking.
I wonder if me brainstorming, or getting a bunch of movies that has ever won an oscar from the Oscars wiki page is really a good way (I've already begun that) or whether there already exists a database with this sort of stuff.

Maybe a collaborative effort can happen. Even here (you guys are nice guys, hehe).

I appreciate any productive input henceforth, and I thank-you for reading.

Sounds interesting. 

If you can find a place (website) where the names are stored in a systematic way, but would take a long time to grab manually, I'd be willing to write some code to extract and save them automatically.