Chinese-Forums

Chinese Zodiac Tattoo Superstitions

mngtr

• New Members

Hello, I'm a Chinese-Indonesian and I'm thinking of getting a tattoo with my chinese zodiac (snake) along with flowers from my chinese name (orchid). However, in my research I saw that it's bad luck to get a tattoo of your own zodiac? Do you have any advice or heard anything about this?

Also, I actually really like the tiger motif but I'm reluctant to get it because it's said that snakes have a bad compatibility with tigers so I've been putting it off... Does this actually matter? Or it's actually the opposite and it's GOOD to have tigers on me? ?

I'm a bit superstitious and I heard someone I know had his tats covered because of superstitions like this and I don't want that to be me LOL

No idea myself but a quick search found people asking on the Chinese web; answers I saw said getting the animal was fine as it doesn't actually involve the 生肖八字, then separately saying there are taboos about avoiding clashes of the 五行 e.g. don't get a tiger tatt if you're year of the dragon. Not sure if an orchid clashes with a snake as seems former is wood and latter fire.