Chinese-Forums

I need help with these videogame menus =)

Tulevik

Good evening,

I need help with these menu screens, since I can't seem to properly translate them via image recognition. They are from a 4-player Mahjong videogame for the Sega Master System, called Mahjong Sengoku Jidai ("Mahjong: Warring States Period" would be the title translation, isn't it?)

They are ten screnshots, sorry if they are too many.

I'm pretty sure the title screen (the one with "Push Start Button") says "Mahjong: Warring States Period". And the "Menu" screenshot gives two options: "4 players game" and "Two players game". The rest of the menus, options and biographies are impossible for me to translate with translation apps.

Thank you in advance, whether or not you can help me.

Mahjong Sengoku Jidai (Japan)-221201-223324.png

Mahjong Sengoku Jidai (Japan)-221201-223333.png

Mahjong Sengoku Jidai (Japan)-221201-223346.png

Mahjong Sengoku Jidai (Japan)-221201-223358.png

Mahjong Sengoku Jidai (Japan)-221201-223448.png

Mahjong Sengoku Jidai (Japan)-221201-223507.png

Mahjong Sengoku Jidai (Japan)-221201-223523.png

Mahjong Sengoku Jidai (Japan)-221201-223538.png

Mahjong Sengoku Jidai (Japan)-221201-223606.png

Mahjong Sengoku Jidai (Japan)-221201-223705.png

Thank you for your answer!

Ouch! Everything is in japanese? My bad! I thought there were mainly kanjis in those images, and maybe some katakanas.

Sorry. Are there any japanese to english forums similar to this which can help me with these screenshots?

Thank you again!

Many years ago, there used to be an app used to search the internet for info. I think it was called Goggle or Google, or something like that. If you can find it, if it's still around, try searching for something like "Japanese gaming forums" or "Sega gaming forums" and maybe you'll hit paydirt.

By the way, the screenshots reference four person and two person mahjong games, give a list of opponents (presumably for you to choose from), and then give some profile information on the opponents. It seems like you're able to choose rules and levels of difficulty, as well. I don't know enough about the game to know whether the opponents are real people, or algorithm-based opponents. The biographies are typical Japanese gaming world caricatures, and have nothing to do with real Sengoku period historical figures, even though these Sengoku period characters and their real histories figure prominently in many Japanese games. In most games of that type, if you don't know the historical background, you're outta luck. The copyright is listed as 1987, but I don't know whether the software is current or not.

Just my snarky two yen...

TBZ

On 12/2/2022 at 6:43 AM, Tulevik said:

Are there any japanese to english forums similar to this which can help me with these screenshots?

You could probably try reddit if you can't find any sites like this, see the top pinned post at https://www.reddit.com/r/japanese/ which says where to ask for translations.

On 12/2/2022 at 6:43 AM, Tulevik said:

Ouch! Everything is in japanese?

Yup!  Most old video games are.  China missed out on that era and didn't get going until 2001 or so.  

My bad! I thought there were mainly kanjis in those images, and maybe some katakanas.

The presence of kanji and katakana is a dead giveaway that it cannot possibly be Chinese.