Chinese-Forums

Luo Han Guo

Jenny3

• New Members

Hi,

I just wanted to ask : where in the UK or EU could I order Luo Han Guo online?

It is not possible to be ordered from China, and the shipping costs from the US double the price..

I have imagined quite some uses as I read about it, but it turned out it is difficult to be bought in Europe.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Jenny

Do you have access to Amazon where you live? It's available through them in the US. 罗汉果

I still have some that I brought back from China. Have you ever tried breaking up one of the balls and mixing it with ripe Pu'er tea? Oddly enough, I was introduced to that combination at a Cantonese restaurant in Zhuhai near where I lived at the time (South China.) Unusual and interesting. 

481041997_Screenshot_20230107_055240--67.thumb.png.c0a81ac3d42631d86ab6dbb9e1f17acb.png

• Like 1

From your original post, you seem to be in the UK. If that's the case, I'd recommend that you look around for a local Chinese community that has substantial numbers of Malaysian Chinese in its makeup. Then look for an Asian food shop catering to Chinese rather than the Asian food shops catering to South Asians.

Malaysia has prepackaged luo han guo available, with the added advantage that the packaging is bilingual (Chinese and English) because different generations of Chinese that migrated to the Malay peninsula at different times will have different levels of skill in Chinese. Because of history being what it is, Malaysian Chinese probably tend to go to the UK for further education and economic advancement more often than to other parts of Europe. You should be able to find it in a local shop somewhere.

Just my two rinngit...

TBZ

• Like 1