Chinese-Forums

Chinese finals soon (⁠╥⁠﹏⁠╥⁠)

8krake

• New Members

你好, 我是 freshman in highschool... I have to take Chinese until I graduate next year, and I did not even choose it... 

anyway, it's real hard for me, since I have attention issues... and since it is the end of my first semester I have my first Chinese finals, and I have no idea how I can study for it - does anyone have any ways to help me understand Chinese more?

Maybe you should give an idea of your background and current level in Chinese. It wouldn't be a bad idea to mention the textbook you're using in school, as well.

It's very hard to give advice when we know nothing of your situation.

But there's really no magic bullet that will replace studying and reviewing (revising) what the teachers outlined as the goals for the course at the beginning of the semester. However, maybe there's a short overview of the Chinese language that could give you some perspective you're not getting from the textbook.

But if you've waited until just before exams to ask for help...

TBZ

• Like 2

Remember, if you ask too general questions, you get too general answers.

What is your current level?

What is your textbook called?

What level are you expected to reach?

etc?

So, here you go:

If I were you, I would spend every available free minute watching and listening to the thousands of beginner (HSK 1-4) videos on Youtube. Further, check what learning points there are in your textbooks and try to find lessons on it on Youtube. Listen to dozens of different content creators on the same learning point. Listen to them while you go shopping, workout at the gym, ride a bike, etc and shadow them (repeat what they are saying). Regarding writing: rote repetition....

• Like 2
  • Good question! 1

When are your finals? If they are later this month, it's kind of late in the game to try and plan strategy. But I guess you already knew that. Good suggestions above. Also, can you find a study partner, preferably someone who is more advanced in Chinese than yourself?