Chinese-Forums

家有儿女 Vocab and Anki Decks

markhavemann

• 4 months later...
  • New Members

Thanks @markhavemann. I really like the deck and started using it. I have a question though. Maybe it's just an issue on my side, but I can't make the audio work - I get an error message saying "Card content error. Failed to load 'tiap pi.mp3'". 

The size of the deck is around 180 kb which also make me wonder if this is enough to contain any audio? 

Thanks again for the great work ? ?

On 9/3/2023 at 7:25 PM, hellen_gr said:

Thanks @markhavemann. I really like the deck and started using it. I have a question though. Maybe it's just an issue on my side, but I can't make the audio work - I get an error message saying "Card content error. Failed to load 'tiap pi.mp3'". 

Thanks for pointing this out! It looks like Anki isn't exporting the media along with the deck file and I am not quite sure why. I'll try to figure it out and updated the deck file. 

I've uploaded a file with all the audio into the same folder as the deck, called collection.media.zip. You can unzip this into your Anki media folder and the audio should work.

image.thumb.png.958df413189cc540e10582e3e67ea7a4.png

On 9/3/2023 at 7:25 PM, hellen_gr said:

Thanks @markhavemann. I really like the deck and started using it

Thanks for letting me know. I have meant to come back to this and add more episodes but started putting time into other projects. Now that I know it's being used, I'll do a few more soon!

• Like 1

Update 2023/09/06:

• I've figured out why the audio isn't being included in the decks and fixed it. The file size should reflect this too:
    • image.thumb.png.ba322e212a25531a0538deb25055c7d5.png
  • Processed episode 2 and included it in an updated deck file, with each episode in a sub deck:
    • image.thumb.png.7b87c2016c80a18c4a099f4525d6f92e.png
  • Names are now separated out as a special vocabulary item, and also included in the decks

Updated stats: (The graph labels are a bit messed up but hopefully I'll get to fixing that soon) 

Seeing how HSK 1-4 vocabulary makes up the vast majority of words used really proves what a great first show this is I think. Hopefully I'll do some more shows soon to see some comparisons.

image.thumb.png.06390bd4372c5efb92ead7a49eee70ce.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've added a new deck which has vocab from episodes 1-6.

Also, I've made an external website as a backup to host this content too (although I will still post updates in this thread). You can visit it here: https://sinodex.online/projects/show2anki/jia-you-er-nu

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2023 at 7:53 PM, mouse said:

This is an amazing project (the whole sinodex thing) and I just wanted to say thank for your hard work and for sharing these resources.

Thanks for the encouragement! It's nice to know that this stuff is actually useful for others, I've been working on some other things but I'll try to finish up to episode 10 soon.

• Like 1

As promised, I've finished up to episode 10 and uploaded a new deck. I had mostly finished it and was just procrastinating exporting and uploading, so here it is. If anybody finds any errors just let me know.

Hopefully I'll add HSK tags soon to make it easy to mass delete cards that are too easy for you.

I go through phases of watching 家有儿女, I'm up to 73 episodes. I never "study" it, just watch it and what I don't know, I don't know. I think it would be good to pause and read the subtiltes every tenth episode or so, but I have never gotten around to it. I find it interesting that although most of the vocabulary is hsk 1-4, it's not THAT easy, it's fast and slurred and very Beijing. Imo they speak pretty much like a real family in North China. It's helped me to better keep up with my wife and my mother in law's fast speech. I like how they have a meal in every episode. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 11:32 AM, suMMit said:

I find it interesting that although most of the vocabulary is hsk 1-4, it's not THAT easy, it's fast and slurred and very Beijing.

That's very much been my experience, too. I regularly listen to Chinese news and podcasts without too much of a problem (my comprehension is a bit spotty, but I can mostly follow along). But when I watch this show, I'm completely lost.