Chinese-Forums

Wancheng International

JLak

Hello All-

I had a question about english teacher-recruiters, specifically Wancheng International. I have heard some good/ really bad things about Wancheng and was wondering if anyone had anything to say about them? I'm thinking of working for them in Chengdu. Also, are there any recruiters with really good reputations that I should look at? Thanks in advance!

-J

I have not heard anything about that specific company but that's not necessarily a bad thing. If you're interested in a teaching position in the south, i'd recommend using Buckland ( http://www.bucklandgroup.org/ ). If you're more interested in the northern parts or the tri-delta area, go with New Times ( http://www.teachinchina.cn ).

Both are legit companies with full time staff (foreigners and locals) that know what they're doing and can help you if you need any assistance.

After reading the other reports, I would stay away from Wancheng International.

Also, avoid agencies which ask for a placement fee or volunteer organisations for teaching in China - the only voluntary component is you - they are out to make money from you in most circumstances.

Also, don't do the medical until you arrive in China. More often than not you will have to do it anyway (irrespective if you had a predeparture examination). It is also cheaper in China.