Chinese-Forums

Chinese Companion I by Carl T. Limsico

Tyr

I came across a PDF version of the book Chinese Companion I by Carl T. Limsico with ISBN: 0-97441-050-0. It appears to be a supplement to the Pimsleur Mandarin I audio lessons. The book contains simplified chinese, traditional chinese and pinyin for all Pimsleur Mandarin I lessons. I would really like to purchase this book as well as II and III if they exist but I haven't had any luck finding them. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The full title is:

Chinese Companion I

a pronunciation and character guide to Pimsleur's Mandarin Chinese I

by Carl T. Limsico

Edited by Lin Jin Ren

-Xiang

It only exists as a PDF-file. If you have the file, you will find a link to the homepage, under the section: "About the Authors", p.3.:

http://www.short-circuit.com/books/

There has never been made a companion for Pimsleur Chinese II and III, but there are a number of files floating around on the net with a transcript of (some of) the dialog.

Thanks for your reply. I had no idea how useful this document was until I started taking formal Mandarin classes. I will have to purchase this and hope the authors have the time to create a book for Mandarin II and Mandarin III.

-Xiang

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 6 years later...

Simon & Schuster, the Pimsleur publishers, keep their lawyers busy with making sure stuff like that doesn't stay available very easily for very long. See here for more info. Closing this, for same reason as the linked topic.