Chinese-Forums

Return of the Condor Heroes 2005/2006

Song You Shen

I think both leading actors are very likeable, although 黃曉明 looks a little too mature for the teenage 楊過 (must be his chin). I think he will look better when the role ages. According to the internet, he is/was making a 新上海灘, and what role would he play but Chow Yun-fat's 許文強!!!

So someone else has also noticed ... that there is something wrong with the casting of the 尹志平 role ...

にしても志平って、射雕英雄伝にも出てる(別の役者)からトシ食ってるはずなのにねえ。少なくても楊過より20歳くらいは上じゃないかなあ。こんな若くていいのか?!

source

I've also noticed the use of "他們" instead of "蒙古人" in those scenes (it is so strange that one simply can miss it). Too much self-censorship and political correctness.

I think both leading actors are very likeable, although 黃曉明 looks a little too mature for the teenage 楊過 (must be his chin). I think he will look better when the role ages. According to the internet, he is/was making a 新上海灘, and what role would he play but Chow Yun-fat's 許文強!!!

Haha, yeah, I'm enjoying the series so far... however, I've had a hard time with the lead actor/actress and their ages... It's hard to imagine their ages (him being so much younger her)... and I really don't like how he looks like he's in his 20s and acts like a stuborn kid who's younger than 10. It gets kind of annoying.

Youshen

I have finished this series. I think it is a bit boring towards the end because of the battles with "them/those people" (haha). And at the last part I like the way Yang Guo jumps after he has waited for 16 years for his wife who doesn't show up as she has promised (but he doesn't really jump, just kind of collapses and falls). I think this is one of the most dramatic elements of the story. But it is all downhill from there as the story seems to lose its momentum and feels like an anticlimax.

I think the storytelling and editing of this series are poor. The story does not seem complete. This is quite bad as most viewers know how the story goes and would get very impatient. And for the few who don't know the story they wouldn't know why certain characters do certain things or behave in such a way (e.g. why does Li Mochou kill? why does she let the two little girls live when she sees that scarf?).

Questions - 1. Do other TV version also describe Yang's fall like he collapses? The book says he jumps. But I like to think that he simply gives up and determines to fall. 2. How much older is Xiao Longnu than Yang Guo? (oh I've found the answer - 4 years).

I think it is a bit boring towards the end because of the battles with "them/those people" (haha). I think the storytelling and editing of this series are poor.

I hate this series, worst of the JinYong series made after 2000. There's no storytelling or character development at all. The them/those people only made it worse.

I think it is most inappropriate for Yang Guo to give Guo Xiang that huge birthday party. That is something a man does to capture a girl's heart (which he succeeds undoubtedly) but why do it if he doesn't want her. And Guo Xiang has to end up as a nun (we are told this in another novel 倚天屠龍記). But I have just come across this interpretation which I have never thought about -

郭襄對楊過如此款款深情,身為「情聖」的「大哥哥」焉能毫無所動。對郭襄憐惜不已的金庸雖不敢干犯眾怒、大筆一揮將郭襄許了楊過,卻在新版後記點明楊過對郭襄的愛意。他說郭襄「秀美豪邁、善解人意、聰明伶俐,楊過心中早就真的喜歡他了」;而楊過苦等小龍女十六年,「鬱積無可宣洩」,替郭襄大做生日,內心其實是向小龍女示威:「妳還不來,我在給別個可愛小姑娘做生日了!」

source

I discussed this story and the tv dramas with a friend today (what a waste of time :lol: ) and we agreed that 玉女心經 should be practised like this (one of my favourite tv ads), not as in the latest series. :lol: The friend has watched both the 劉德華 version and the 古天樂 version and said Liu's version was better (though the scale of production was quite laughable from today's point of view).

• 1 month later...

The mainland version is being broadcast by TVB in HK. The strangest thing is that TVB has replaced the original title theme with 劉德華's cover version of 情義兩心堅, a song of the 1983-version originally sung by 張德蘭. The original title theme of the mainland version is only used at the end.