Chinese-Forums

A few more Chinese TV Series'...

Song You Shen

Ok, so I just bought a movie called "The Storm Riders" which sounds like it is a movie based on or around the series Cloud and Wind (and Cloud and Wind 2). Has anyone seen this? Or the series'? Any comments?

Also, I am looking into the series 笑傲江湖 (aka Laughter in the Wind), which is based on the novel by Jin Yong... and I hear it is considered Jin Yong's most famous novel. Anyone have comments on this series?

I thought I had a third series, but I can't remember now... maybe I'll update later if I can remember.

Youshen

笑傲江湖 is one of Jin Yong's famous novels (but almost all of them are famous, you see) ...

The latest TV version of 笑傲江湖 that I have seen is this one -> http://www.cctv.com/tvguide/drama/xajh/jingcaijuzhao/jingcaijuzhao.html

It is not very good, but not very bad either, IMHO. But the novel is of course great.

• 2 weeks later...

So I recently received my copy of "The Storm Riders"... and it was suprisingly good. I still do not know if it is based on the stories of "Wind and Cloud" though. I also hear the Wind and Cloud will be coming on TV (starting wednesday)... so I'm looking forward to that... hopeing it has english subs...

Youshen

thestormriders-front.jpg