Chinese-Forums

Hostel or Cheap Hotel Near BLCU

Lauren88

Hi,

I'll be arriving in Beijing on December 7 and enrolling in BLCU's 5-week winter program, beginning on Dec. 15. Any recommendations as to a cheap hostel or hotel relatively close to BLCU where I can stay for a few days before I figure out where I'll live for the longer term? Anyone else starting at BLCU during this time?

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks,

Lauren

I don't know the exact address but I'm pretty sure late one night I saw a sign that said Youth Hostel very near to Propaganda (a club that is very near to BLCU, 10-15min walk) on the same street. I don't know how much it costs though. There's XiJiao hotel which is just north of campus which is much closer but I don't know the prices there either.

I stayed at Xi Jiao for about a week this summer. I think it was 280 RMB per night. They also had a 6000 RMB per month discount plan, if I remember correctly. I remember being handed a flyer on the street from some short term furnished apartment building that was cheaper.

Xi Jiao is nice and clean, and includes internet (slow) via an ethernet connection in room. It is a nice place to go straight from the airport as you are pretty sure to have a decent night's sleep.

You can check on www.hostelworld.com or www.hostels.com for hostels in Beijing. If you look at the descriptions of the hostels, they will tell you their location and if they are near the metro line. Staying a hostel in Beijing is quite cheap. If you don't mind staying in a dorm room you will only pay 30-60 yuan (US$3.75-7.50). I've stayed at a few hostels in Beijing and they've been quite clean, but you do have to share a bathroom.