Chinese-Forums

the great wall-impressive indeed

Guest mirela_violeta

Is the great wall one of the most impressive constructions ever?  

1. 1. Is the great wall one of the most impressive constructions ever?

• yes
    • no

2004-05-27_144050_1232123123123123.jpg

Oh i read the report too but it was a joke.

ESA( european space agency) had announced last month that they took a picture in the space, and they can see the Great Wall clearly. They instantly published the image worldwide and earned a wide report on it.

However a few day later, they released a statement to apologise for the mis-interpretation. The line in the above picture is actually a river, not great wall.

Whether or not you can see the great wall in the space is a doubt to me. A russian astronaut came to hong kong last year to promote the new model of OMEGA luxuary watch. He said in the press conference that "I CAN SEE HONGKONG IN THE SPACE!"

Believe it or not, who knows.

Whether or not you can see the great wall in the space is a doubt to me. A russian astronaut came to hong kong last year to promote the new model of OMEGA luxuary watch. He said in the press conference that "I CAN SEE HONGKONG IN THE SPACE!"

hahaha, what the hell? "I can see HK from space! Now buy my watch!!!"

manm, they don't pay our poor astronauts well...First you train 10 years and then someone else flies instead of you

as for being able to see the great wall out of space - it has been public knowledge that the story is a fluke for a while now...just like the americans landing on the moon...haha

lol @ Quest & Ian Lee :mrgreen:

The theory told by the russian astronaut is that hongkong, with millions of lightbulk in the small region, sparkles during the night. If clouds and winds are mild, he can see the light spot from space.

I really don't know if it's true or not. But if that theory applies, next time he can also go to beijing, singapore, bangkok, paris, and berlin, say the same thing to please the local people. Well, I simply take it as a PR stuff.

u cant see the great wall from the moon. its like seeing a hairline from 100m. imagine the great wall is only 10-15m wide. if one can see it he could peobably see all major highways on earth. being able to capture it on camera doesnt mean u can see it wit ur naked eyes.