Chinese-Forums

Chinese Film Transcripts

45rob54

Yeah, I'm always a little bit surprised by people who expect to find this kind of stuff easily. The DVD manufacturers - legitimate or otherwise - aren't putting it out in any text format, and realistically who's going to sit down and transcribe it to put on the Internet. There's some stuff available, but it's the exception rather than the rule.

For anyone looking for this stuff:

Try shooter

Try searching Google and Baidu for a specific phrase from the movie in question

Try looking on download pages on verycd.com to see if there's a text subtitle pack included

A few of the shows in the fantastic First Episode Project have transcripts, and for many Renzhe's done extensive wordlists.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello from Australia to everyone!

Would anyone please tell me how to convert a txt file to srt? I have 卧虎藏龙 Crouching Tiger in 1 avi file and just can't seem to get 1 subtitle to fit this avi file. most are in 2 parts. looked all over but unable to learn how to convert it. Please help....:help

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

My current masterplan to become fluent in Chinese involves watching acclaimed Chinese movies with English AND Chinese subtitles at the same time. Whereas it is very easy to find English subtitles for any movies, I haven't been able to find any sites where I could get Chinese ones. Have you any suggestions?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Shooter.cn is what you're looking for. However Chinese subtitles tend to be hardcoded into the movie. Your best bet might be to get the films from a site like verycd.com, and get the English subtitles elsewhere - that'll give you the biggest selection. The listings on verycd.com should tell you what subtitles are provided.

Edit: And merging, actually.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I'm after the CTHD Chinese transcript/subtitles. The lousy dvd I bought (Australia) only has Mandarin audio, makes it very hard to pick up the characters of any new words (mining for sentences).

Just wondering if anyone can help me out here, cheers.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been looking for a transcript for Disney's Mulan, but I haven't been able to find one yet. The dvd doesn't come with Chinese subtitles. They speak relatively slow so I thought it would be good to learn from but there is still a lot of it I don't understand and words I don't know.

The dvd doesn't write mulan in chinese on it either so I can't do a search in Chinese. Does anyone know the right characters for writing 'Mulan'?

And how do you write 'transcript' or 'script' or whatever would be used in Chinese?

I'm getting a .rar file when I click on those links - is that correct? I don't seem to have any software to extract that type of file, it looks like I may have to buy something to be able to do it. I want to make sure I'm looking at the right thing before I spend money on it.