Chinese-Forums

Nocturne 夜曲 - Jay Chou

skylee

Skylee: Yes, i particularly like the lyrics that you mentioned and i think that some of the lyrics in this song are nice. 繁华如三千东流水.. anyway... i like this whole song, not only the ending. I am sorry but old fashion people like me prefer old fashion songs. hahaha....

ps: i admit that when i first heard this song, it was the ending that caught my attention. :P

• 2 months later...
hah, toneless words being sung at high speed + jay chou's mumbling

no wonder they need lyric sheets/subtitles for everything

I like his style though. Cool. And he's talented. Anyway its just that the words lose their original tones to follow the tune. All songs are like that. If not its not a song, its speaking.:mrgreen:

Yay.. I found the article about tones and singing but it is refering to opera. However, I think singing and opera singing is more or less follow the same rule.

声调又称字调,是构成字音四大要素(字头、字腹、字尾、字调)的重要因素,而且声调的重要性更加突出,因为京剧唱腔遵循的是曲调与字调的统一,曲调的高低升降与字调的阴阳上去这四声走向基本一致的,如果不一致,就会形成“倒字”。京剧唱腔的设计是按“以字行腔”的规则,也就是按照字的四声调、调向的变化来安排唱腔的旋律的。因而,字音的四声是唱腔旋律走向的依据。字音的声调不同,旋律也就会有差异。京剧演唱者必须懂得这个原理,遵循这个规则,按每个字的声调来行腔,才能做到“字正”。

“京剧中的韵白和唱腔与口语化京音的主要矛盾在声调,所谓‘字正腔圆’,声调的重要性远大于‘尖团字’、‘上口字’,尖团、上口不涉及行腔的设计”。这些京剧界行家的讲话,非常简单明了地点出了声调在京剧唱念中的重要性,因此,可以这样认为:如果一个京剧演唱者没有四声声调意识或不重视声调的重要性,那他无论如何努力,也难做到真正意义上的“字正腔圆”。

Here is the link to the full article : http://www.shidaiguocui.com/class_show.php?id=1081