Chinese-Forums

"What you cannot avoid, Welcome!"

michfr

既(jì)来(lái)之(zhī) 则(zé)安(ān)之(zhī) is what I can think of that is somewhat close to what you want.

"Since we've already reached this point, let's just be at ease (and will deal with whatever is forthcoming)!" Of course, this implies that we got ourselves into a situation somehow.

If it's an external event that was brought to you without any of your prior involvement or preparation, the following may be appropriate:

是(shì)福(fú)不(bú)是(shì)祸(huò) 是(shì)祸(huò)躲(duǒ)不(bú)过(guò)

"(If it is) a good fortune, it can not be bad; (and if it) a bad one, you can't hide and get away with it."

You can find its chinese equivalent like 聽天由命 (ting1 tian1 you2 ming4=literally listen to heaven, follow the life, ) 聽天由命 means when you encounter something that you cannot do about it, the only thing you can do is to take whatever it comes and see what it will happen. For example,

該做的我都做了, 如果還不行, 那就聽天由命吧!

(gai1 zuo4 de wo3 dou1 zuo4 le, ru2 guo3 hai2 bu4 xing2, na4 jiu4 ting1 tian1 you2 ming4 ba!)

I've done what I should have done. If it still doesn't work, then I'll take whatever it comes and see about it!

Hope it helps!

:)