Chinese-Forums

blcu dorm how much

mi.g.c

• 2 weeks later...

The Dorms....

What is there to say about them.. Theyre nothing fancy, allthought the new somewhat gigantic building seem to offer higher standard than the older ones. To a quite/tremendously high price though. If I were you I'd look around for apartments/roomates in the surroundings, I live in "Hua Qing Jia Yuan" about 400 meters from BLCU and I pay about 2k /month which is quite alot, were splitting a 150sq.m apartment on three ppl. It's still cheaper than the dorms and I really dont regret the extra hassle that comes with living off campus. Make sure u get someone to guide you in the real estate jungle and youll be fine, check ads at thatsBJ and so on.

It'll probably be hard to find a landlord that rents you an apartment for such a short time, but if youre lucky you might find ppl that already have leases that have a spare room. That swhat I would look for if I were you, and if u dont find any, yeah then check the foreign student acticity center, and if that dont work out I might suggest you to consider the dorms at campus.

The way it works for me is that I pay a security deposit equivalent to a month's of rent when I sign the lease (typical in the US also). But electricity, gas, and water bills are paid directly by the landlord. Then when I move out, these costs are subtracted from my deposit and I retain the leftover money. All the meters are in the apartment so I can double check the numbers. I'm not sure if that's how it works everywhere, but it sort of sounds like "pre-paid"

Without wanting to sound like evil admin guy, can I remind people that posting questions about paying water and electricity bills in China in a topic about the cost of BLCU bills is not the best way to get an answer - post a new topic and more people will see it, and you'll get better answers.

Having said that, there's some info at the bottom of the page here.

Roddy