Chinese-Forums

First Effort

PollyWaffle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have taken the liberty to do a machine translation (please do not laugh), since sometimes you learn lots this way too! Even though I could have fixed the translation mistakes, I left it as is for all of you to see where the translation does not make much sense. Nonetheless....

Translation:

I have not gone to China. My friend has lived for three years in Beijing. He frequently gives me to receive a letter and the email,

Tells me him the experience. I thought these stories later I will hope China even more. His recently Beijing's story was Sa

Si gets sick about. Although his family member building has more than 100 individual,

Where but was he the sole foreigner in lives.

I under planned the summer vacation travels China. China is more ancient than here. I most want to ascend Great Wall in China. I also like visiting

Beijing's Forbidden City. Other Beijing scenery I plan including the Tiananmen Square, North Sea park, Summer Palace,

. I heard the Summer Palace has the beauty very much, Also if stands on Mt. Wanshou,

Can look farther ahead. Mt. Wanshou's side is Kunming Lake. Kunming Lake's north is the famous corridor.

My Sydney's friends are born in Harbin. Harbin is the roundworm some sheath small tumble slanting this ┠ is intimate?

. Some northeast's musician calls the snow village. He is versatile. I like his music very much,

Specially a song << the northeast people all are live Lei Feng >>.

I look at northeast to be extremely cold. Because I am not familiar with the cold weather,

Therefore I do not want to hope travel Manchu. I rather good have a look toward the south. From Beijing to Zhengzhou I planned rides the train. Because looks

Many, I compare like riding the train. Zhengzhou is very near with Shaolin Temple. Shaolin Temple has the famous martial arts and the zen person.

Then I planned goes from Henan Province to Shanghai. I want to look at the Shanghai museum in Shanghai, French foreign settlement,

Sun Yat-Sen former dwelling, . Shanghai also has the very many Buddhism temple. Five days later I will go home from Shanghai.

Conclusion:

Even though I used the machine translation for Polly's story, I am back to my Chinese studies. I am using "Practical Chinese Reader" textbook which I took before while going to Chinese Medical School for "Traditional Chinese Medicine" . I only studied Chinese for about a year and forgot most of it. Now I am very VERY interested in finding translator's tools and resources: machine translation, annotating software, reading software.

I believe that doing translations in a field of interest while learning Chinese is complementary and one area of endeavor will help on the other.

Any comments, resources, sites, etc would be appreciated.

Regards to all. This is a great forum.