Chinese-Forums

Anyone heard of Da Shan Xuexiao (大山学校) in Wudaokou?

kailin

It is supposedly run along the same lines of Diqiucun, and is in the Xijiao Hotel. I am thinking of studying there next semester and would be interested in hearing anything anyone has to say about it.

Does anyone know if they can sponsor visas? I already have a student visa but I am currently enrolled at another school (BNU). If I want to switch to another school and be reimbursed for next semester's tution (which I foolishly paid in advance--don't follow my example), BNU requires that I have a letter from my new school saying I am enrolling there, which they will then take to the 公安局 and use to notify them that I am switching schools. I am nervous that DaShan, since it is not a university, might not be an acceptable new school in the eyes of the Chinese authorities.

I got some bad attitude from Diqiucun when I talked to them on the phone today and in contrast, DaShan was nothing but sweet. That alone is pushing me in the direction of the latter. But I am open to being persuaded that Diqiucun is the better option, despite their (one) rude staff (member).

Kailin

--------------

For those delicate individuals living in China for whom the content is clearly too disturbing to allow you to access it directly:

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-w...n.blogspot.com

For the rest of you:

• 1 month later...

May I ask if someone could post contact information for both "DaShan" and "Diqiucun". I would need information that is accessable from the USA, and preferably in English :)

I'm interested in any answers to previous post also. (Another reason to tack onto this thread).

Is Dashan university in any way connected to Mark Roswell (the famous Dashan all of us language Chinese language students admire -- and hate for his disgustingly good Chinese)? Or is somebody just using his name to make a lot of money?

Is Dashan university in any way connected to Mark Roswell (the famous Dashan all of us language Chinese language students admire -- and hate for his disgustingly good Chinese)? Or is somebody just using his name to make a lot of money?

I don't think Mr.Roswell is the only Dashan in China.