Chinese-Forums

Capital Normal University, Beijing - CNU

carter_tiu

Well based from the school official who's in charge of foreign studies of a chinese school here in the Philippines, the local chinese teachers who went there for training gave good feedbacks about the teaching methods and facilities of the school. The school is also pretty well known here among the community of local chinese teachers.

It is a bit difficult to find things... like prices and stuff... any chance you happen to know if they do short (4 week) courses and how much it may cost...?? (it may be there but I have to rush out just now... will look more when I get back)...

• 1 month later...

the chinese studies program here in our countrey recommended me this school. They mainly recommended it because of few people from our country go here but also stressed that it is a good school with good teaching and facilities. i checked their website and it seems they only have a small number of international students. anyone heard about this school?

hi there, what country are you from? Its been two days now since I arrived in CNU and everything is good. The dorm is nice, although its 10 rmb more expensive than BLCU, the facilities here are nicer, the room even has a PC amazing! Classes will be starting on february 28, I'll comment on the method of teaching soon :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...

hi sorry it took so long to write my reply, yes it was the one recommended by PCHS, actualy PCHS recomends alot of schools (BLCU, CNU, Xiamen Uni, BNU. Everything in CNU is ok, the teachers are good, the dorm is nice (although the price is a little steep 60rmb/day) feel free to post any questions in this forum, I would try my best to answer them. Next school semester for CNU starts at August, check the CNU website for the excite date.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

Swiss man preparing a year learning chinese trip to Beijing.

Looking for details to make a final choice between CNU and BNU. Both seem very good, similar prices, with a very restricted number of western people :mrgreen: , good dorms, not very far away interesting places, good transport links ...

Any bad experience in one of them ?

Any difference in methods / results ?

• 7 years later...