Chinese-Forums

Szirine cultural magazine seeking writers

Guest szirine

Dear writers/readers,

Check out Szirine cultural magazine!

http://www.szirine.com

Szirine's mission is to increase awareness of world cultures, and it achieves this by posting great articles about cultures and subcultures that do not normally find space in mass media.

Szirine is currently looking for new voices to build its country pages. We accept non-fiction and fiction. We prefer 1 to 3 page long articles that combine personal, opinionated analysis with objective information to bring alive a certain aspect, event or story related to a particular culture.

Examples of current articles on Szirine include:

-The Journey (Nigeria). How a girl was sold into servitude.

-Rainbow Nation (South Africa). Description of the 'new' South Africa.

-Saviors of Darkness (Turkey). How fundamentalist teaching of the Koran is carried out in a religious school in Turkey.

-Coffee Culture in the US. (USA). What is up with coffee social consumption in the US?

-Hiram Bingham and his 'Discovery' of Machu Picchu (Peru). How Hiram Bingham rediscovered the lost Inca city in the sky.

Currently, Szirine is being viewed in over 32 countries. Our writing staff contains published authors, poets and intellectuals from around the world.

Szirine - where great minds and cultures are coming together!

www.szirine.com

We look forward to hearding your ideas!

Sincerely,

Charlene Caprio

Editor-in-chief

Szirine

http://www.szirine.com

submissions@szirine.com

Szirine is a publication of the World Culture Foundation. We aim to increase awareness of world cultures and support cultural diversity. We are a nonprofit and can currently not offer any payment for submissions.

We look forward to hearding your ideas!

Here's my idea: Don't repeatedly post the same message on one site.

I've deleted most of them. I've just had a (very) quick look at the site and it looks like it may be interesting to some, so I'll leave this one.

Roddy