Chinese-Forums

Greek Mythology Link

skylee

• 3 years later...

actually it's wrong. When a name or word begins with a vowel in Greek, both accent signs appear in front of the vowel. Not just one. Switch the first one around, and it would be the equivalent of the sound of the letter H.

How on earth did you find a three and a half year old post and then decide to post to tell us it's wrong? And why?
Because we're in the "silly season" :D .

(I noticed recently there are a lot of "theoretical" debates, instead of the usual language questions, in the language sections. This is also perhaps for the reason.)

I noticed recently there are a lot of "theoretical" debates, instead of the usual language questions, in the language sections. This is also perhaps for the reason.

Yah my head is starting to hurt from all the debating back and forth over some small thing and difference in opinion that really isn't helping me learn anymore Chinese.

Really? I didn't notice that. But I only know 1989 characters, perhaps you need to be able to recognize 2046 characters before you can notice that kind of thing.

I've never thought of the forums as having a silly season, but it actually makes a bit of sense. There are certainly seasonal variations - more 'academic' posts during term time, rashes of 'where can I buy . . .' at the start of term, etc.

Really? I didn't notice that. But I only know 1989 characters, perhaps you need to be able to recognize 2046 characters before you can notice that kind of thing.

Really I thought it was like 10,341 or something like that.:twisted: :twisted:

I haven't been around long enough to see seasons but it makes sense. Maybe it has to do with the summer... People are out of school and need to argue with someone since they can't argue with their teachers.

Oh by the way what does this have to do with greek mythology? And how many greek roots do you need to know to understand greek mythology?