Chinese-Forums

Mobile phones

skylee

What models do you use? Do you replace them often? What features do you use (e.g. surfing, sending SMS/MMS, listening to radio, taking photos)? What are the most popular models in your area?

I am using a Samsung, a pretty new fold-up model, but with a detrimental design defect. Its speaker is inside when folded up so I almost never hear it ring (always getting missed calls). I am looking for a new one, but am very unwilling to pay extra for hi-tech features that I don't use (such as camera).

BTW, do people still call mobile phones "大哥大"?

I used to use a N 7250, however I lost it about a week ago after I rode my bicycle into a bush by the side of the road after coming home from the pub. I have a temporary brick sized replacement, but I'm now thinking about getting my first flip phone. :roll:

Nokia 3310 (?) so if i lose again while out drinking or otherwise, i won't feel so bad. Of course all my university students all have better phones than I. It is more responsible for improving my Chinese reading than anything else by text messaging my Chinese friends.

I did have some unbelievably good luck one time when I lost it on a public bus. I didn't realize I had lost it until after eating some fried noodles. I called from my house several times with no answer, but the power was still on so I thought I might still get it back. Eventually a ticket woman picked it up and she told me to come to the office and get it. I got it back and unloaded some moon cakes (which I hate) on them as a thank you.

The dageda question came up before, with the etymology. Soemone with a mobile phone has even more status than a basic big brother or sth. It used to be used in Taiwan, but now it's been more or less replaced by shouji. There is a mobile phone company called Taiwan Dageda (you'd think they'd consider changing the name -- but this *is* Taiwan).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have just bought a Sony Ericsson T630. It looks nice and neat. But I find it difficult to figure out how to use it (it is quite different from Nokia/Samsung phones).

HK shops have started to promote 3G phones. I am perplexed by how much people want from a handset.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know of a good place to buy a phone in Beijing?

I am looking to buy a Nokia 7250i, because I am one of those people who likes to play!

Another thing, the Sony Ericsson T630 is cute, but, it doesn't take pictures in the dark well, which the above supposedly does. The T630 is a lot of fun. I always play with my friends.

Mine is a J - E bilingual sony ericcson with a camera - no idea of the model number....

something like http://www.sonyericsson.co.jp/product/au/a5402s/index.html

It is about 6 months old - an exact replic of the one i had before that I unfortunately left in my pocket when I put on a load of washing....

I'm using an ugly Alcatel 535 but I still like it,can't diss it except the look and ringtones are dumb.I composed the National Anthem as the ringtones,which is recognizable here while all the phones are ringing.

really want a Siemens though

and T628 is so nice...