Chinese-Forums

山东 Experimental Primary School

xiaojiang216

大家好!

这周,有一个从山东来的男人会来这里。 他是山东Experimental Primary School的副校长。这个星期三,他会来我的高中学校。我的校长问我可不可以当一回翻译者。我得带他上几门课。。。我想我应该把他介绍我的老师。

可是。。。这个 "Experimental Primary School" 是什么呢?

我介绍以后,我还有什么可说的?

很感谢!:mrgreen:

这周,有一个从山东来的人会来这里。 他是山东Experimental Primary School的副校长。这个星期三,他会来我的高中学校。我的校长问我可不可以当一回翻译。我得带他上几门课。。。我想我应该把他介绍我的老师。

* Experimental Primary School = 实验小学

* What did you want to mean by 我得带他上几门课? 带他看看几个班?

* Usually you don't need to say 男人in such a context, unless you specifically want to emphasize the masculine gender of the person. 有一个山东来的人would sound natural enough.

* 翻译 used as a noun for "interpreter" would sound much more natural here than 翻译者, which is so bookish it tells that you are not a native Chinese speaking person.

Actually, if anyone can give a decent explanation of what 实验 actually means in a school's name, I'll be grateful. My attempt . . .

'Experimental' in a schools name usually means that it's a relatively new school, using newer equipment and teaching techniques. It's meant to be a positive thing, rather than giving the impression that the kids are all strapped to chairs and being fed information Clockwork Orange style.

Roddy

In USA (Minnesota) some schools have "Magnet Programs" which implies a special focus and goals. For example, a science magnet, and arts magnet.

Also, we have "Charter Schools", which are organized around different approaches to education, etc. I remember one school, from about 15-20 years ago that was organized without any walls, and it was an elementary school! Imagine the noise levesl!

Well, what I actually meant was that classrooms were organized within large areas. There were some walls in the building (this is Minnesota, which has a climate similar to Harbin -- perhaps a little warmer in winter).

No photos, however.