Chinese-Forums

Ang Lee 李安

skylee

Bhchao wrote:

I doubt Ang Lee would want to film another movie on the Mainland considering his experience filming Lust Caution there (and what happened to Tang Wei).

I don't follow the gossip magazines so don't know what happened to Lee?

Was he also banned in the mainland for making "Lust, Caution" as Tang Wei was?

I believe Brokeback Mountain was banned, but, that was for the gay theme.

The latest out of Hollywood is that the FX company that won the Oscar for Life of Pi's visuals will end up in Korean hands.

http://www.latimes.c...0,1672829.story A March 8, 2013 Los Angeles Times article titled "South Korean company is 'stalking horse' bidder for Rhythm & Hues".

According to the article, Rhythm & Hues will be bought up by a South Korean company once the bankruptcy judge okays the deal.

Kobo wrote:

I don't think I've ever seen any of Lee's movies except for Crouching Tiger.

From the New York Times article posted in post #54:

The director Ang Lee, whose films have won eight Oscars out of 27 nominations, does not have a screening room in his four-bedroom home in Larchmont, NY., and rarely uses a computer or a cellphone. And instead of a fancy swimming pool in his backyard, he has a chicken coop.

Oh, yeah. I also saw Eat Man, Drink Woman.

Eat Woman, Drink Man?

I remember the opening scene where the father/chef pulls a chicken out of the coop to make a soup.

In America, a lot of people are now raising chickens within the city. At first it was mostly immigrants from Latin America, Mexicans, Central Americans, South Americans, etc.

But, now I think regular people as well. There was an article a while back.

Everyday, I drive into Los Angeles, I see at least a few houses where there are chickens roaming the yard.

Kobo.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm. I thought there was another Ang Li thread. Anyway, I'm listening to http://newsradio.cri.cn/ right now and it's talking about him & his wife in the US & all of their trials & tribulations before he was successful. Very interesting. Basically his wife (林惠嘉) is a wonder women hehe. The program will probably repeat later on today too.