Chinese-Forums

Most Popular Classical Chinese Singer

Mandariniac

I think it is the combination of all three that has made these songs so wonderful:  三毛 (词)    李泰祥 (曲)   齐豫 (唱). I noticed that the songs sung by 齐豫 that I really liked are all composed by 李泰祥, so I wonder how popular he is as a composer in his native land.

By the way, it happened that just before zhwj's mentioned the album 回声, I'd been listening to the song 今世 from this album and found it so emotional, so devastating. The odd thing is although I don't quite know what the lyric is all about, it just feels like watching the end of some Shakespearian tragedy where everbody is dying !!! (I hope I haven't gone nutty! :mrgreen: )

今世

曲:李泰祥

听 不见 狂吹的风沙里 在说什么古老的故事

那一年 那个三月 又一次地老天荒

花 又开了

花 开成海

海 又升起 让水淹没

你来了来了 一场生生世世的约会

我不再单独走过秋天

不是跟你说过三次了吗

我是你的天使

不在你身旁的时候

不可以不可以 跟永恒去拔河

你忘了忘了忘了忘了

那一次又一次水边的泪与盼

你忘了岸边等你回家的女人

日已尽 潮水已去 皓月当空的夜晚

交出了再不能看我 再不能说话的你

同一条手帕擦你的血湿我的泪

要这样跟你血泪交融

就这样跟你血泪交融

一如万年前的初夜

Listen: http://mp3.baidu.com/m?f=ms&tn=baidump3&ct=134217728&lf=&rn=&word=%BD%F1%CA%C0+%C6%EB%D4%A5&lm=-1

In fact, I like most of the songs in the album of 回声, I did not mention it, because 说不过来,and I’m afraid if I indicate each song which I love, it may seem to be too 滥情的。

The song of 今世 is telling the true story of 三毛’s husband 荷西, who was a diver, and died after once diving:

那一次又一次水边的泪与盼

你忘了岸边等你回家的女人

日已尽 潮水已去 皓月当空的夜晚

交出了再不能看我 再不能说话的你

同一条手帕擦你的血湿我的泪

要这样跟你血泪交融

就这样跟你血泪交融

一如万年前的初夜

It’s really touching and broken-hearted.

Thanks for the info about 回声, elina. Someone else has also just told me that 三毛 committed suicide some time after writing the song. How extraordinary were the feelings I had when first listening to it:

The odd thing is although I don't quite know what the lyric is all about, it just feels like watching the end of some Shakespearian tragedy where everbody is dying !!!

Very sad indeed!

How extraordinary were the feelings I had when first listening to it

The odd thing is although I don't quite know what the lyric is all about' date=' it just feels like watching the end of some Shakespearian tragedy where everbody is dying !!![/quote']

I think even if the language/lyric is not understood by the people from different countries, but the music can let people know. 音乐是相通的,或者人性是相通的 / The humanity is the same.

In September 1979, 三毛’s husband died. In November 1985, her album of 回声 came out. In January 1991, she hung herself to die on the age of 48 without a note / 遗书. I was sad to hear that information then, but I could understand her.

Every time when people mention 三毛,I can not stop myself saying something about her. Sorry, it’s off topic. The following link has her photos and some of her works:

http://book.sina.com.cn/nzt/cha/sanmaoxiangce/

When I search the above link in Baidu, I find this comment on 三毛:

强极则辱,情深不寿

I agree.

I find this comment on 三毛:

强极则辱,情深不寿

I agree.

I read this in 書劍恩仇錄. It is the inscription on a piece of jade that the emperor Qianlong gave to 陳家洛. The whole thing is 情深不壽,強極則辱,謙謙君子,溫潤如玉. Some on the web say that this is from 尚書, some say the origin is unknown.