Chinese-Forums

Any good Japanese forums?

mark1888

As well as the aforementioned moderation, I think the large number of ethnic Chinese posters helps too. A large number of posters are overseas Chinese trying to get to grips with the dialects and the writing etc, with the overseas Koreans and Japanese, there's much less of a diaspora, and in the case of the Japanese in America, many have lost their ability to speak Japanese altogether. The Japanese forums I've glanced at, don't seem to have many Japanese posting at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I haven't found any Japanese language forum comparable to the standard of this site! I agree with the above posters that many sites are diluted by too much focus on casual pop-culture interest and insufficiently vigorous discussion of language related issues.

I for one would support a chinese-forums.com style for Japanese. If run (even only in name) by Roddy on a site affiliated with chinese-forums.com, I'm sure it will be able to attract the same sort of quality postings which characterise this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

I may be able to moderate a Japanese section. Lived there a long time, fairly literate.

How much time does moderating take up? Do you have to be online every day? Never moderated before, but sounds interesting. PM me if you are interested Roddy.