Chinese-Forums

advice on prepping for tsinghua?

gumbico

Hi,

I’m a student ambassador of the IMBA program at Tsinghua University. Though the last posting was from a few years ago, if anyone is interested in the IMBA program, I’d be more than happy to answer any questions or concerns. The deadline to apply for this coming fall is March 15th. You can find the application here: http://mba.sem.tsinghua.edu.cn/mba/tabid/184/Default.aspx

And, you can find out about us here: http://mba.sem.tsinghua.edu.cn/mba/tabid/674/Default.aspx

The questions that were raised by gumbico are still applicable today, so here’s my advice:

1. The IMBA program offers minimal Chinese language courses, so if you’re interested in taking classes, I’d look at language programs off campus. Many of the students here take classes at surrounding Chinese language schools.

2. The decisions to live on or off campus and with or without a roommate are personal decisions and depend on how much money you want to spend, but these options are all available.

3. I would highly recommend getting a bike.

4. It’s possible to get to Tsinghua from the airport by subway. However, if you have luggage to bring, I’d recommend taking a taxi. Taxi fare is about 100RMB.

5. Tsinghua offers a very basic health insurance package, but I’d highly recommend getting travel insurance or finding your own insurance from back home.

6. BLCU is about a fifteen minute walk from Tsinghua University.

I hope that answers some questions. If anyone would like more information, I’ll be here to answer (even after the March 15th application deadline).

-Tsinghua SAP