Chinese-Forums

气死我了!web hosting in china please help!!

赫杰

Hey guys, please help me out with this one. I am in wuhan.

I am helping out my chinese friend by trying to find a site, she just needs to find some space on the web to put up a song, so she can play a song on her msn space blog...

Now, I have tried fortunecity/geocities/50megs and all had problems when signing up or, in the case of sites that I had already been signed up for, trying to edit and/or view my webspace

I found messages such as these, perhaps this is the reason...I don't know...I am sure there is something simple that I am missing...><

"You may not set up a "gateway" site on the FortuneCity server. A "gateway" site is one which serves only as an entrance to the actual site located on a non-FortuneCity server; FortuneCity reserves the right to restrict access to our servers from areas of the globe with a high level of abusive activity. These areas change periodically based on the origins of this inappropriate activity. The current restriction applies to China, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan. "

:help :help :help

Thanks

If you just want to use it for hosting a song, you're going to be using that service's bandwidth but not bringing them any visitors - hence no money from advertising - so it's not that surprising you are having trouble. Best bet is to find a friend who already has their own webspace and get them to upload it.

• 3 weeks later...