Chinese-Forums

palm tungsten t5

luckthunder

I had a quick google and turned up this CEDICT on Palm page - but it doesn't seem to have been updated for years and may well not be compatible with newer OS's. There's also something called KDIC, which I think is Chinese-Chinese, but mention is made of using it with CEDICT here.

Roddy

PS If you can beg, borrow or steal the cash, Plecodict is worth every cent.

If your T5 already has Chinese support built-in then KDIC would probably be your best bet - that page Roddy linked to has a free Chinese dictionary database for KDIC, and that combined with the Chinese OS built into your Palm should give you a serviceable dictionary setup. I haven't actually tried KDIC on a T5, but since your T5 already has a current Chinese OS on it it's unlikely that there would be any serious compatibility problems with the KDIC engine.

However, I should point out that KDIC technically isn't free - the author has generously chosen not to handicap the demo version of his software in any way, but if you use it a lot you really should pay the $9 registration fee (see http://www002.upp.so-net.ne.jp/kei-k/Doc/English/register.htm). I don't know of any completely-free product for Chinese - there's a free all-in-one Palm Japanese dictionary at http://padict.sourceforge.net/ but nothing equivalent for Chinese AFAIK.

Or you could save up for PlecoDict, which I'd certainly agree is worth the money 8)