Chinese-Forums

CCTV tian long ba bu

blob

There is another thread on this topic. Because of that thread I've rented the DVDs and am now watching them.

It was hard to get through the 1st episode. The first part of that episode is on 喬峰, which is very fine. But I found it diffcult to accept the 段譽 played by 林志穎, which appears in the second half of the episode. I have got used to this role now and have finished the 4th episode. It looks OK. (But the special effects sometimes look very odd, especially the 雪貂, which is quite laughable really).

So far I think the earlier 射鵰英雄傳 is better. (Both 李亞鵬 and 周迅 are quite cute. BTW, have they broken up yet?)

I got to see bits of tianlong here and there at my friend's place. Personally, I think the fighting at the latter episodes of tian long is better than she diao, except when qiaofeng comes up with the xianglong siba zhang move, where the computer graphics is a bit too obvious.

They seem to like having really fast movements which suddenly go to slow motion before

speeding up again.

I heard the complaint that qiaofeng comes up very early, like in the first episode, whereas in the book he is only out in the second novel. But maybe that aids people who have not read the book.

On the side, liyapeng and zhouxun are going out together???

They seem to like having really fast movements which suddenly go to slow motion before speeding up again.

Those Matrix look alike shots? With the actor frozen in the air and then the camera moving around him 360? I am getting pretty tired of them.

On the side, liyapeng and zhouxun are going out together???

They WERE. No idea if they ARE.

Thats one of the effects, but theres another one, I think which I first saw in wongfeihong,

(once upon a time in china), where the action goes really fast, but then at key moments

like when he is doing some spectacular moves, the speed slows to slow motion so one can see the action in more detail before speeding up again. An example I think was when jet li was dodging a spear, jumping up and kicking 1 or 2 bad guys all at the same time, thats when the slow motion came, and when that was finished, and the baddies were flying everywhere, it got back to normal speed.

I think the effect was used quite well in tianlong. lots of fight scenes seem to have this now.