Chinese-Forums

Adorable Chinese Baby/Toddler Shoes

Elizasmom

I am a mom of two living in Virginia (just outside DC). An acquaintance of mine adopted a child from China recently. She returned from China with extremely well made and totally adorable shoes for her baby to fit through the baby, toddler, and preschool years (she stocked up!). These shoes had flexible soles, were really well made, and super cheap (around $2.00 a pair). She said they are readily available over there. I have seen similar shoes selling in the U.S. for $30+ dollars!

I really enjoy dabbling in online sales (Ebay & Amazon), and would also love to start my own website. These shoes really appeal to me as something that could be brought over and sold here. If I had an American friend in China who would enjoy this sort of project, we'd be all set. She could scour the Chinese shoe markets for the cutest shoes and I could sell them back home. I've noticed at least two other moms who have done something similar to what I'm thinking of and seem to be doing very well. Any moms out there interested in making some extra money shopping for me and having some fun too? I think a mom would be the best because you know what's cute and comfortable, and your kids are there to test the shoes.

I am totally serious about this. I could go through Alibaba and try to source that way, but I'd probably get overwhelmed or scammed. I figure this way we can make a little $ and have fun with it. If you're interested, please let me know through this forum until we can figure out a better way to communicate.

We are interested in it, although we have no idea about it now.

Let me explain the above. It’s necessary to say something about our company’s development. It was established in December, 1996. The main business scope includes several kinds of services, for example, cleaning, pest control, fitting up and decorating, gardening and landscaping, our main customers are foreign organizations and embassies in Beijing, such as UNDP, WFP, UNICEF, UNHCR, Canadian Embassy, French Embassy, Zimbabwe Embassy, etc. At beginning, there was no the business of online shopping in our company. But afterward, we found many foreigners want to study Chinese and China culture, and this kind of materials belongs to different publishing companies, which may be difficult for foreigners to find in one place. So we collect them on our website and provide this service to our customers.

From the very beginning of “cleaning service” till now, we have been always good at exploring and discovering existing & potential customers’ need, and can adjust our business towards it after doing market research. Recently we have thought to add some Chinese unique goods to our website. We will be glad to add products, which the existing & potential customers are interested in, at the same time, we can find the direct and reliable suppliers without too many middlemen in the whole process, in order to control the quality and decrease the cost. At present, people in China mainland are on holidays for Chinese New Year. After this period, I think from February 13-17, we’ll study and research this business possibility. Then, I will make an update here to let you know.

We utilize a website template to build our site, which is not very good to use, we will begin to redesign it after Chinese New Year, the detailed information:

http://shop.aaawww.net/mod8/fsql.php?id=218326&userid=7912

These shoes had flexible soles, were really well made, and super cheap (around $2.00 a pair).

Would you please describe more detailed about them? Or could you send some photos to help us find them for you?

I could go through Alibaba and try to source that way,

Yes, we ourselves have never bought products from it, but it’s said Alibaba is good, if you can manage, do not give up to have a try on it.