Chinese-Forums

My teacher says my pronounciation sucks.... CET students please tell me your method

andrew1981

I heard that the 20,000US/semester CET program in Harbin students have great pronnounciation, as I heard they stress it more than reading and writting. Can someone please tell me how they train you guys?

this guy at least seems to disagree . . .

well, I think CET Harbin is a fine program, I have friends who have studied at IUP for the summer program, and my progress was alot faster than his during the summer, but that is only one case, not enough to come to a conclusion. It is the same price roughly as IUP, but I look at them as 2 entirely different programs. CET is more designed for undergraduates and some graduate students looking to do field work in their major, using Chinese, that is why you have the 1-on-1 tutorial class, that YOU design. The pronunciation class is OK, its not what its worked out to be, and if you have a bad professor things won't turn out that great, but I have seen some people with great results.

all in all, they are both great programs, I am looking to attend IUP after I finish my undergraduate career, the levels or instruction go to much higher levels there than they do at CET Harbin. its good for undergrads, but if your chinese is already amazing, go to IUP.