Chinese-Forums

About Diqiucun

yinyang

Some questions to all of you who have studied at Diqiucun:

1. How long is one lesson?

2. Is the price really only 12-15 RMB/hour(/60 minutes)?

3. Did you get a proper certificate after each course? What was the content of the certificates?

4. Could you recommend some good teachers at Diqiucun?

5. Any other suggestions concerning the studying at Diqiucun?

6. I've understood that Diqiucun is near Wudaokou but what is Wudaokou? Is it a metro station or light train station or something else?

7. Do you know any cheap hostel/motel near Diqiucun (price at most 80 kuai/night)?

8. Good and cheap restaurants/cafes near Diqiucun?

9. What's the most easiest way from the Beijing Railwaystation to Diqiucun?

Thanks in advance! :)

OK, i haven't been tlking much on this forum for a long time (but keep on reading everyday, it's so interesting), but this is question for me...

1. How long is one lesson?

I think you can have anything you want...the programm i took was two hours a day, five days a week.

2. Is the price really only 12-15 RMB/hour(/60 minutes)?

It was in 2003 - 2004....I can't assure prices didn't increased..

3. Did you get a proper certificate after each course? What was the content of the certificates?

No, i just took lessons to keep on practicing, but if you wish they have cousres to prepare HSK.

But I don't think they make you pass some kind of exams.

4. Could you recommend some good teachers at Diqiucun?

My teacher's name was Zhao Le, i dunno if she's still teaching there, but she was really cool.

5. Any other suggestions concerning the studying at Diqiucun?

I don't know what kind of program you're expecting. Lesson here are quite decontracted, student are from every places, mainly from asia (especially south korea)

6. I've understood that Diqiucun is near Wudaokou but what is Wudaokou? Is it a metro station or light train station or something else?

It's a station on line 13.

7. Do you know any cheap hostel/motel near Diqiucun (price at most 80 kuai/night)?

I have no clue but it is possible there is.

8. Good and cheap restaurants/cafes near Diqiucun?

Many! of any kind (chinese or western stuff).

And a good concentration of korean restaurants.

9. What's the most easiest way from the Beijing Railwaystation to Diqiucun?

take the subway, change at Xizhimen to line 13 and stop at 五 道 口 (Wudaokou). Here you are! With a map, you'll see it's rather easy to get there (provided your luggage isn't to heavy but if you come to beijung by train, i assume it will be OK)

Voilà, hope it helps.

Don't hesitate asking questions8)

Hi Fong Fong...thx for all the info...

I've been reading a lot of the threads on Diqiucun but none of them actually mentioned exactly how do you apply/register for the courses ahead of time? Their website is all in Korean so I have nowhere to get info on the administrative stuff...

Do they have even a schedule of when each course starts? Please don't tell me that you just get off the plane and march over to their office and say "I want to sign up for a mandarin course"

Hi Clarydis,

when are you going to BJ?

I'll be there from Feb 24th ->. The same day, I'm going to first check some of the private language schools around Wudaokou (metro station), since Diqiucun is not the only good and cheap private language school around there. I´ve understood that it really is possible to just march over to their office and sign up for a course. You can first take a free trial lesson to find out if the level of the lesson fits for you.

If I am there before you, I'd give you more information later on: tao@netti.fi

Hi YinYang,

Well at first I wanted to go to Beijing from May to end of July but all of BLCU's courses start in July with only one 4-week course that starts at the end of June....so I'm planning to take that course & if I can do a course in Diqiucun during June, that'll be great. :)

Hi Roddy

I did not mention the web site as The thread ( being called about Diqiucun ) is about Diqiucun so I thought people would understand the question. Here is the site http://www.diqiucunschool.co.kr/ My korean is very poor and although they Say there is a second location for the school I can not navigate the site to find an address.

any help would be great.

Hi Roddy

I have just read my post again and must apologise for its tone. I did not what it to sound the way it came out. I have had nothing but help from your site. Sorry

I have gone through the site and found the map of the two locations. It is a bit of a pain all being in korean. Here is the link for anyone who is interested.

http://diqiucunschool.co.kr/introduce/ditu.php

cheers

No worries, no offence was taken. From that map page, the two addresses are

Wudaokou:

北京市海淀区五道口城铁站西北角地球村学校二层201室

Tel : (010) 6253-7737 (010) 6256-1974

Wangjing:

北京市朝阳区望京西园2区星源国际D座2层

Tel : (010) 8472-5313 (010) 8472-2432

For reference, if you don't know anything about Wangjing, then you probably don't want to go there.

Wangjing is a relative new residential district just outside northeast 4th ring, about a 20-minute drive from the Beijing airport. Many expat Koreans live in the area. The govt is trying to encourage commercial development in the district, as a second Zhongguancun of sorts, but so far I think it's more of a bedroom community more than anything else. There's a higher density of highrise condos in Wangjing than any place else I've seen in Beijing, but in terms of street layout, it's very much a car-oriented suburb. It doesn't offer much if you are looking for the hustle and bustle of city life.

• 3 weeks later...