Chinese-Forums

General Zhang Xiong

Marco77

Hey everyone,

I am trying to get some information on this guy - general zhang xiong from the Turfan area. He died in Gaocheng in 633AD and was buried at the Astana cemetery. I cannot find anything about him!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Marco

are you looking for this guy :

张雄,亦名太欢,祖籍河南南阳,世居高昌,出生在高昌王国的一个权贵家庭。他的祖父张务,曾任高昌王国左卫将军,绾曹郎中(最高行政官员)。其父张端,任建义将军、绾曹郎中。他的姑母,是高昌王麴伯雅之妃。继伯雅为王的麴文泰,与他是姑表兄弟。生长在这么一个权贵世家,张雄身份自然不同一般,“爰自弱龄”,即“袭居荣职”,成了最高统治集团中的一员。志文称赞他“天资孝友,神假聪明”,但却“不以地望高人”,“不以才优傲物”,“白面知兵,神机俊爽”,是知文能武的将才。

• 3 months later...
张雄,亦名太欢,祖籍河南南阳,世居高昌,出生在高昌王国的一个权贵家庭。他的祖父张务,曾任高昌王国左卫将军,绾曹郎中(最高行政官员)。其父张端,任建义将军、绾曹郎中。他的姑母,是高昌王麴伯雅之妃。继伯雅为王的麴文泰,与他是姑表兄弟。生长在这么一个权贵世家,张雄身份自然不同一般,“爰自弱龄”,即“袭居荣职”,成了最高统治集团中的一员。志文称赞他“天资孝友,神假聪明”,但却“不以地望高人”,“不以才优傲物”,“白面知兵,神机俊爽”,是知文能武的将才。

i'll try to translate for you. it's an opportunity for me to exercise my english.

Zhang Xiong(张雄), also had a name called Tai Huan(太欢), His ancestral home is in Province He'nan(河南) District NanYang(南阳). Their families had lived in gaocheng(高昌, in pinyin it shuod be spelt gaochang) a long time. He was born in a noble family in Kingdom Gaocheng. His grandfather Zhang Wu(张务) was 'guard left' general(左卫将军, a kind of officer) and prime minister(绾曹郎中, the highest administrate officer, ). His father, Zhang Rui(张端), was 'build justice' general (建义将军) and prime minister. His aunt was the wife of the King Qu BoYa (麴伯雅)of Kindom Gaocheng. Qu WenTai(麴文泰), the next king, was his brother. He lived in a such noble family and he was not a man in the street. when he was about 20 years old( 弱龄, in ancient chinese it indicated a a 20-year-old-man he got a very important post and become a member of the highest ruler group. ZhiWen(志文, a nother guy i never heard.) eulogized him is a clever guy and never to be arrogant by his talent and high place. He is both scholar and general. (there too many ancient chinese sentance here. i even can't get these chinese means exactly.)

PS: there are some many officer name i translated by meanings, such as 左卫将军, 建义将军. by the way, this guy i had never heard before. :oops: my english is also not good. i hope you can point the mistakes. thanks a lot!