Chinese-Forums

Simplified Chinese computer games

45rob54

Great site! Loads of cheap Chinese stuff!

However, what I want to buy to improve my reading are PC games in Simplified Chinese, but all the Chinese PC games on yesasia.com (as with every other similar site I've looked at over the past few months of this search) are in Traditional Chinese!!

So I thought: most of mainland China writes Simplified; they can't be missing out on this massive market; they must only play non-online games in Hong Kong, or can all games be changed to Simplified in an Option menu or something?

http://10.global.yesasia.com/gb/TopSellers.aspx/section-games/did-686/code-c

That is the link to a page with games I want to buy. They are all Traditional. The question I have is: will I be able to change the language to Simplified Chinese if I buy one.

Thankyou very much for reading this. 谢谢

Rob

So you're saying that, if I'm really gonna learn Chinese properly, I should learn Traditional as well as Simplified Characters?? So far I've only really learnt Simplified ones so I wanted a game written with them. Why are the majority of (in fact, almost all) PC games in Traditional though?

And about your comment on how people who've been taught one can understand both, I find that slightly hard to believe, as some characters are simplified in very strange and completely unpredictable ways (I'm sure you could think of some examples).

So, anywhere that sells a large variety of Simplified (or dual) PC Games?

Thanks

you really don't have to learn both of them, because if you learned one, you can understand both. there are certain rules to simplify most of the triditional characters. it's just two forms of writing which are very alike and in the same grammar even pronouncing rules. and I believe the best way to learn Chinese is to find a Chinese girlfriend, they're patient, caring, easy to satisfy so you can firlt with her in Chinese all day long :wink: